FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a DECT door intercom system in the FRITZ!Box
You can register a DECT door intercom system from the manufacturer Telegärtner with the FRITZ!Box; when you are away from home, you can then talk with visitors and open the door if you route the door call to an external telephone number, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A door intercom system from the manufacturer Telegärtner ("DoorLine Slim DECT" model) is being used.
- At least firmware version 1.10 is installed on the door intercom system.
- The camera for the door intercom records images in JPG/JPEG, PNG or GIF file format. Other file formats, for example MJPG/MJPEG, are not supported.
- The camera makes the images available via HTTPS, HTTP, or FTP.
- A FRITZ!Fon with color display (FRITZ!Fon MT-F, C4, or newer) is required for picture display.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Registering a door intercom system with the FRITZ!Box
- Put your door intercom system in registration mode. The procedure depends on the intercom. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
- Push the "DECT" button on your FRITZ!Box. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash. The FRITZ!Box is in registration mode as long as the LED flashes.
2 Configuring the door intercom system
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the door intercom system.
- When a bell button is pressed, the door intercom system calls the destination telephone number. In the "Telephone number of the doorbell" field, enter the number set for the individual doorbells in the door intercom system. To open additional fields, click "Add Doorbell".
- From the "Route doorbells to" drop-down list, select the telephones or telephone number the doorbell should be routed to:
Important:You can either select one or several internal numbers, or you can select an external number. You cannot combine internal and external numbers.
- If a specific telephone should ring, select the respective telephone.
- If all of the connected telephones (broadcast call) should ring, select "All telephones".
- If an external telephone number (for example another telephone line, mobile telephone) should ring, select "Telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
- If more than one telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box (call group) should ring:
- Select the option "Call group".
- Select up to four telephones to be included in the call group.
- Click "OK".
- Enter a name for the door intercom system.
- In the drop-down list "Outgoing calls via", select the outgoing call number that should be used if you want to route the doorbell to a mobile telephone or an external line.
- If you want to use the "Open" function key on a FRITZ!Fon, enter the character sequence for the door opener.
- If you want to use the "live image" feature, enter the complete web address with the image files in the "Live image" field. This URL must end with the file format of the image (for example image.jpg). The image is then displayed on your FRITZ!Fon when there is a call from the door intercom system.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Notes on the live image displayed by FRITZ!Fon
If you set up the live image function, the FRITZ!Fon only rings three times so that it does not disturb video transmission. If you want it to ring longer, add an additional telephone without live image to the call group. This telephone will then continue to signal the call from the door intercom.
Use the "OK" button to switch between standard view and zoom, and use the navigation keys to change the section of the image displayed in the zoomed in view. The area is then used for the next call.