FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Extending the online time permitted in the parental controls with tickets
You can use tickets to allow devices to access the internet regardless of the time limit set in the FRITZ!Box parental controls. Each ticket consists of a randomly generated six-digit numerical code; if a device redeems the ticket in a web browser, it is then granted a single 45-minute extension of online time.
This way, you can easily allow your child to surf outside the times set in the parental controls without having to adjust the parental control settings in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Every device in the home network can redeem an unlimited number of tickets. Devices in the guest network cannot use tickets.
- Each ticket grants a single 45-minute extension of online time to the device that redeems it. If the device shares its online budget with other devices, the extension applies to the other devices as well.
- The FRITZ!Box always shows 10 valid tickets. Once they are redeemed, tickets disappear from the display and are immediately replaced by new tickets.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Generating tickets
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Access Profiles" tab.
- Make note of the 10 ticket numbers displayed in the "Tickets" section, or use the "Print Tickets" button to print the tickets.
2 Transferring tickets
- Give the user(s) the ticket numbers verbally, by email or messenger, or distribute the printed tickets.
3 Redeeming tickets
- In the web browser, enter the ticket number on the page telling you that internet use is blocked.
Note:Each time a ticket is redeemed, an event is generated and recorded under "System > Event Log".