- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
Dynamic DNS allows you to access your FRITZ!Box as well as applications and services in the home network for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box from the internet under a fixed domain name. This way you can easily access a NAS system or perform remote maintenance on a computer with Microsoft Remote Desktop, for example, even if the FRITZ!Box's public IP address changes at regular intervals.
Note:You can also use the free AVM service MyFRITZ! to easily and securely access your FRITZ!Box and home network over the internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Dynamic DNS is not available when the FRITZ!Box is used as a Mesh Repeater or in IP client mode. In this case, set up dynamic DNS in your router.
- For IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
- For IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- Enable the option "Use DynDNS".
- Check whether your dynamic DNS provider is displayed in the drop-down list.
- If your dynamic DNS provider is displayed in the drop-down list, select your provider and enter the account information you received from your provider in the corresponding fields.
- If your dynamic DNS provider is not displayed in the drop-down list:
- Select the entry "User-defined".
- Enter your account information and the update URL. You can find detailed information on the format of the update URL in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the symbol (Help).
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box transmits its current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider every time it connects to the internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its unique dynamic DNS domain name.
AVM Section Navigation