FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Number of telephony and DECT devices that can be used with the FRITZ!Box
You can use different types of telephony devices, for example telephones, fax devices, answering machines, or PBXs, with your FRITZ!Box. Your line type determines how many devices can be used.
1 DECT devices
2 IP telephones and IP door intercom systems
3 Analog devices
The FRITZ!Box has different sockets for analog devices:
- "FON 1" and "FON 2" for devices with an RJ11 plug
- "FON 1" for devices with a TAE plug
4 ISDN devices
You can connect up to eight devices at the same time, for example a telephone and/or PBX, to the "FON S0" port on the FRITZ!Box by means of an ISDN hub or S0 bus cabling. The FRITZ!Box can provide power to one ISDN device. The other ISDN devices must use their own power supply.
You can use the following ISDN service indicators with devices connected to the "FON S0" port:
- Voice (service indicator 1)
- Audio 3.1 (service indicator 4)
- Telephony (service indicator 16)
- Fax G2/G3 (service indicator 17)