FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot access the FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ!
The MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box cannot be opened:
- When you log in to myfritz.net, you are not automatically redirected to the MyFRITZ! home page of the FRITZ!Box.
- After selecting a FRITZ!Box in the overview of devices on myfritz.net, the MyFRITZ! home page of that FRITZ!Box is not displayed.
- You cannot use a FRITZ!Box's unique MyFRITZ! domain name (for example https://pi80ewgfi72d2os42.myfritz.net) to call up the FRITZ!Box's MyFRITZ! home page.
One of the following error messages is displayed by your web browser:
- "The page cannot be displayed"
- "This webpage is not available"
- "Error: Network Timeout"
- "Site cannot be reached"
- "Session Timeout"
- "Data Transfer Interrupted"
- "The server [...]myfritz.net took too long to respond"
- "404 not found"
- "requested resource was not found"
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Checking whether a public IP address was obtained
You can only access the FRITZ!Box over the internet if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IP address from your internet service provider when it connects to the internet:
Important:The FRITZ!Box can only be accessed over IPv6 when used on a DS-Lite internet connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Check the address range of the IP address that the internet service provider assigned to the FRITZ!Box.
- If the FRITZ!Box obtained a public IP address, proceed with the following section.
- You cannot access the FRITZ!Box over the internet if the FRITZ!Box obtained a private IP address.
2 Enabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! account" in the "Internet" menu.
- Enable the option "Internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS enabled" in the "FRITZ!Box Internet Access" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.