- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Wrong outgoing number is used for some calls
Sometimes the outgoing number you configured in the FRITZ!Box for a telephone is not the number it uses for making calls. Individual calls are made using the internet telephone number from a different provider, for example.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Using a different outgoing number to call back
If you missed a call and want to use the FRITZ!Fon's call list to return the call, the FRITZ!Fon uses the number that to call back. However, you can use a different outgoing number to call back:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK" > "Own telephone no." > "OK"
- Select the desired outgoing telephone number.
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
Now the telephone number is shown in the display of the telephone and will be used as the outgoing number for the next call.
2 Deleting dialing rules
Dialing rules may have been configured in the FRITZ!Box that force the call to be made using a different outgoing number. Edit or delete all unsuitable dialing rules:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Delete all of the dialing rules you want to change.
- Reconfigure the desired dialing rules.
AVM Section Navigation