FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Media files are not sorted correctly
When playback devices or software access the FRITZ!Box media server, they do not sort media files such as photos, videos, or music, or the do not sort them in the expected order, for example alphabetically or according to track number.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Files are sorted according to the order defined by FRITZ!Box
- Check whether the playback device or software displays files in the order in which the FRITZ!Box media server sorts them.
- If files are sorted according to the order defined by the FRITZ!Box media server, then the files are sorted correctly.
3 Files are sorted according to the order defined by the playback device or software
Playback devices or software may define a particular sorting order for a media server. If the playback device or software defines the sorting order for the FRITZ!Box media server, then the FRITZ!Box sorts files accordingly.
- Either: Configure the playback device or software so that it sorts media files the way they are sorted by the FRITZ!Box media server.
- Or: Define the desired sorting order in the playback device or software. Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.