FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Turning off the LED display on FRITZ!DECT
The LEDs always inform you about the current operating and connection status of FRITZ!DECT, for example FRITZ!DECT 200. If you do not need this information or the illuminated LEDs bother you when using the device in a particular place (such as next to a television), you can permanently disable the LEDs.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to FRITZ!OS 6.83; they may differ or not be available with older FRITZ!OS versions. You can find the version of FRITZ!OS on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
1 Turning off the LED display with the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If available, select the option "All smart home devices" in the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the button (Edit) for the smart home device.
- Click "Additional settings".
- Disable the option "LED display on".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now the LEDs are permanently disabled. All other functions are available without restriction. If you push a button on the device, for example to turn the socket on or off manually, the LEDs briefly display the current operating and connection status. The LEDs turn off automatically after about 60 seconds.