FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Cable internet connection drops frequently
The internet connection between your FRITZ!Box and your cable provider drops frequently (several times a day). When this occurs, the "Power" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes and stays lit as soon as the internet connection has been re-established. The following error message is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
"Cable internet not responding (no synchronization)
Cable internet synchronization starting (training)"
- The stability of the cable internet connection depends on the condition and the quality of the cable connection. Faults in the cabling or problems with the line can also affect it.
1 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Check whether events also took place before the time when the error occurred, or whether only events are shown that took place after the error occurred.
- If events are also displayed that took place before the time the error occurred, proceed with the following section:
- If only events that took place after the error are displayed, follow the instructions given in our guide FRITZ!Box restarts occasionally.
2 Checking the cabling
Incorrect cabling often goes unnoticed. Therefore, make sure that the FRITZ!Box is correctly connected to your line:
- Use the coaxial cable included with delivery to connect the FRITZ!Box directly to the first multimedia socket. If a cable technician performed the original installation, use the coaxial cable (without an extension) provided by the technician to connect the FRITZ!Box with the multimedia socket used by the technician.
3 Contacting your provider
There may be a problem with the cable connection or the coaxial cable may be damaged:
- Contact your cable provider for a solution.