FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box reports "This login information [...] are already being used by a FRITZ!Box user"
You cannot set up an existing MyFRITZ! account in an additional FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box shows the status "Registration failed" for the MyFRITZ! account and displays the following error message:
- "This login information (e-mail address and password) are already being used by a FRITZ!Box user. The passwords must be different for security reasons."
- The FRITZ!Box does not register the MyFRITZ! account with the MyFRITZ! service because the password for the MyFRITZ! account is the same as the password for a FRITZ!Box user. For security reasons, the password you enter on the website myfritz.net to log into your MyFRITZ! account must differ from the passwords for your FRITZ!Box users.
1 Changing the passwords for FRITZ!Box users
Make sure that you do not use your MyFRITZ! password for a FRITZ!Box user:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "FRITZ!Box Users" in the "System" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the user you would like to configure.
- Enter a new password for the user that is not the same as the password for your MyFRITZ! account.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Setting up an existing MyFRITZ! account in the FRITZ!Box
Set up your MyFRITZ! account in the FRITZ!Box again:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! account" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the option "MyFRITZ! enabled for this FRITZ!Box" is displayed, click on the "Another MyFRITZ! account" link to the right of the e-mail address.
- Enable the option "Register the FRITZ!Box with an existing MyFRITZ! account".
- In the corresponding fields, enter the e-mail address and MyFRITZ! password you used to register with MyFRITZ!. This is the login information for your MyFRITZ! account required to log in on the myfritz.net website.
- Click "Next".
- If you are asked to set up a FRITZ!Box user:
- Enter a name and password for the FRITZ!Box user in the corresponding fields and click "Next". For security reasons, the passwords for the FRITZ!Box user and your MyFRITZ! account must be different.