FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Conducting a three-party conference call
When you make a three-party conference call, one participant (initiator) initiates a conference call with two other participants. The initiator first calls the other two parties and then connects the calls to form a conference, so that everyone can speak with everyone else.
1 Making a three-party conference call
- While conducting a call with the first party, press the R key on your telephone.
Note:If you are using a FRITZ!Fon without an R key, the R key is not displayed until you conduct a call (soft key). The key directly below the corresponding symbol functions as the R key.
- Enter the external telephone number or ** and the internal number of the second party.
- When the second party accepts the call, enter R3. The three-party conference is set up. Any party can hang up. The two other parties remain connected.
2 Interrupting a three-party conference call
- If you want to interrupt the three-party conference call, enter R2. You are now speaking with the first party and holding the second call.
- If you now want to switch back and forth between the parties (toggle), enter R2.
- If you want to restore the three-party conference call, enter R3.
- If you want to continue the active call and end the other call, enter R1.
- If you want to end the active call and continue the other call:
- End the active call.
- Wait until your telephone rings and pick up the receiver.