FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Listening to messages while they are being recorded
You can use FRITZ!Fon's loudspeaker to listen to incoming messages while they are being recorded by your answering machine. If you want, you can also take a call while a message is being recorded.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Cordless Telephones" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the relevant telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Listen in on the answering machine".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now messages are played over your telephone's loudspeaker while the answering machine records them, and you can also answer the calls.