Integrating FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh via Wi-Fi
Integrate your FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh of your FRITZ!Box via Wi-Fi to increase the Wi-Fi range of your home network easily and efficiently. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Repeater then automatically adopts all of the settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as Wi-Fi access information and guest access. In the Mesh, your wireless devices automatically connect to the wireless access point with the best Wi-Fi reception.
From then on, you can simply make changes in the Mesh in the Mesh Master. The Mesh Master automatically transmits the new settings to all of the Mesh Repeaters. If you still want to access the user interface of the Mesh Repeater, use the password from the Mesh Masters to log into the Mesh Repeater.
As soon as the FRITZ!Repeater is integrated into the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Repeater in wireless bridge mode
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Repeater.
Important:You can find instructions on setting up older FRITZ!Repeater models that do not support Mesh at en.avm.de/service under "FRITZ!WLAN > More models > [FRITZ!Repeater model] > Knowledge Base" if you search for "connect repeater".
1 Loading the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Repeater must be set to factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Repeater's factory settings.
2 Adding a FRITZ!Repeater to the Mesh at the touch of a button
To integrate the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh, simply connect it with the Mesh Master at the touch of a button:
- For setup, position the FRITZ!Repeater near the Mesh Master.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "Power" LED and "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the "Connect" LED on the FRITZ!Repeater flashes slower.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the button, the "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the "WLAN WPS" button on the Mesh Master for about 6 seconds until its "WLAN" LED flashes.
- The FRITZ!Repeater is fully integrated into the Mesh about 5 seconds after one or more signal strength LEDs on the FRITZ!Repeater remain lit or the LED for connection quality glows green.
3 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Repeater
To extend the range as much as possible, the FRITZ!Repeater requires a fast and stable Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box:
- Position the FRITZ!Repeater so that, depending on the model, at least three of its five signal strength LEDs light up or the LED for connection quality glows green and not orange. You can find tips on positioning it in the guide Finding the ideal location for the Mesh Repeater.
AVM Section Navigation