- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
FRITZ!Box reports "FRITZ!Box does not have an internal clock"
Various FRITZ!Box functions cannot be set up. The message "FRITZ!Box does not have an internal clock" is displayed on the respective page and the date 01.01.1970 may be displayed in the event log.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restart" tab.
- Click the "Restart" button.
Setting up the time server
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- In the "Time Synchronization" section, enter the NTP time server on the internet that the FRITZ!Box should synchronize its time with. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
Note:Normally it is not necessary to change the preconfigured NTP time server 0.europe.pool.ntp.org. Alternative NTP time servers can be found here.
- Enable the option "Make FRITZ!Box available as a time server in the home network".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation