FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Certain settings are missing from the FRITZ!Box user interface
You want to use or configure a certain function in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, the corresponding settings, for example menu items or buttons, are not displayed although these settings are present in the user interface of a different FRITZ!Box of the same type.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Enabling the advanced view
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click the three dot menu in the upper-right corner of the user interface.
- Click the on/off switch to enable the advanced view.
Fig.: Enabling the advanced view
- The advanced view is enabled when the on/off switch is green .
2 Enabling the wireless network
Some wireless settings are only displayed if the wireless network is enabled:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the wireless network for the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency band. If the option "Wireless radio network enabled" is only displayed once, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 The provider updates FRITZ!OS
If you received your FRITZ!Box from your cable provider, the provider hides the "Update" menu because the provider automatically installs the new FRITZ!OS. It is therefore not possible to install an update using the FRITZ!Box user interface. Refer to your provider for information on the new FRITZ!OS version and possible dates.
4 Provider hides the function
If you received your FRITZ!Box from your cable provider, then the provider automatically sets up internet access and the telephone numbers. The menu "Internet > Account Information" with the tabs "IPv6", "Provider Services", and "DNS Server", and the tab "Line Settings" under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers" are hidden by the provider and you cannot change the settings later.