FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Transferring settings from one FRITZ!Box to another
If you switch to a different FRITZ!Box, you do not have to configure all of your settings again; instead, you can quickly and easily transfer the settings saved with your old FRITZ!Box to the new FRITZ!Box. To import the settings, simply use the restore function in the FRITZ!Box user interface. You can choose to import all or only certain settings, for example the wireless settings and telephone books, into your new FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!OS version of the new FRITZ!Box must be the same or later than the FRITZ!OS version of the old FRITZ!Box.
1 Importing settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" that contains the FRITZ!Box settings.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
ATTENTION!You cannot apply the internet account information and account information for telephony to a different FRITZ!Box.
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- Enable the settings you want to restore.
- Click "Apply".
2 Registering DECT devices
After importing the settings, you must register all of the DECT devices with the new FRITZ!Box. To keep all of the settings, use the FRITZ!Box's button to register them and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface.