FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot play television programs (DVB-C) when FRITZ!VPN is installed
You cannot play television programs on a computer that has the FRITZ!VPN software installed on it.
- The AVM VPN Driver that belongs to the FRITZ!VPN software prevents playback.
1 Disabling the AVM VPN Driver
Disable the AVM VPN Driver in the properties of your network connection:
Important:When the AVM VPN Driver is disabled, you can no longer use FRITZ!VPN to establish VPN connections.
- Open the overview of network connections:
- Windows 8
- Press the keyboard shortcut "Windows key" + "X" and select "Control Panel" from the context menu.
- Click "Network and Internet" in the "Control Panel" menu.
- Click "Network and Sharing Center" and then "Change adapter settings".
- Windows 7
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "Control Panel".
- Select "Category" from the drop-down list "View by:" (top right) in the "Control Panel" menu.
- Click "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing Center".
- Click "Change adapter settings".
- Windows 8
- Right-click the connection for the (wireless LAN or LAN) network adapter used to establish the Internet connection.
- Click "Properties" and then "Continue" ("Continue" is not always available).
- Remove the checkmark in front of the entry "AVM VPN Driver".
- Click "OK" to confirm your changes.
- Restart your computer.