FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up music on hold in the FRITZ!Box
When you put a call on hold (for example when alternating between calls), the party on hold will hear the music played by your telephone provider. If your provider allows it, your FRITZ!Box uses its own message instead of the music on hold. You can set up music on hold of your own instead of the FRITZ!Box's announcement.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The telephony provider must allow you to replace their music on hold.
- The music on hold may be no longer than 8 seconds long. If the audio file is longer, only the first 8 seconds will be used.
- The audio file must be in one of the following file formats:
- MP3 format: Sustained data rate, 128 kbit/s, 44.1 kHz, stereo
- WAV format: 8000 Hz, 16-bit, mono
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
Important:If the "Line Settings" tab is not available, then your cable provider automatically configures the line settings during the configuration procedure. You cannot change these settings later. Your cable provider can provide you with information on the settings.
- Click on "change" in the "Music on Hold" section.
- Enable the option "Own music" and select the desired audio file.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If the FRITZ!Box does not play your own music on hold when you put a call on hold, then your telephony provider does not allow you to use music on hold. In such cases, only the telephony provider can offer a solution.