FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon reports "Correct password?"
When you attempt to receive e-mails on your FRITZ!Fon, the telephone displays the message "Correct password?" and you do not receive your e-mail.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Adjusting your Google account settings
With Google, in some cases this message is displayed even though you entered the correct account information:
Note:For further information, refer to the Google Accounts Help Center and search for "Password incorrect".
2 Correcting the e-mail account information
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Web Services" or "Internet Services" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective e-mail account.
- Enter your complete e-mail address in the "E-Mail address" field.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account.
- If the FRITZ!Box does not automatically fill in the information, also enter the name of your provider's POP3 server.
For 1&1 enter "pop.1and1.com" for the POP3 server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if necessary.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.