FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Callers do not hear busy signal when call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a ringing tone instead of a busy signal if a telephone call is already being conducted over the FRITZ!Box. The caller then assumes that the line is available.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 IP telephones do not support the function
The function "call rejection on busy (busy on busy)" is not supported when making calls with IP telephones (for example FRITZ!App Fon). If you are using an IP telephone to conduct a call, it is therefore not possible to give the caller a busy signal.
2 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the relevant telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" or "Properties" tab.
- Enable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Disable the option "Call Waiting". If you are using ISDN telephones, you must disable the option directly in the telephone. You can find information on configuring the device in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.