FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Parties cannot hear each other
When conducting calls, one of the following issues either occasionally occurs or always occurs. It either occurs right at the beginning of the conversation or sometime during the conversation, for example after five minutes:
- You do not hear the other party.
- The other party does not hear you.
- The parties cannot hear each other.
This may give the impression that the telephone connection has been terminated. However, the connection is still active. You can see that it is because the telephony LED on the FRITZ!Box remains lit. The LED does not turn off until you end the call by hanging up.
1 Enabling alternative microphone
The following steps are only necessary if the problem occurs with FRITZ!App Fon on an Android device:
- Start FRITZ!App Fon.
- Tap "More" and then "Settings".
- Tap the menu key on the telephone and then tap "Advanced".
- Enable the option "Alternative microphone".
2 Activating the microphone
The following steps are only necessary if the problem occurs with FRITZ!App Fon on an iOS device:
- Open the iOS settings.
- Tap "Privacy" and then "Microphone".
- Activate the microphone for FRITZ!App Fon.
3 Contacting your cable provider
We are not aware of any further measures to correct the error; therefore, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.
- Contact your cable provider for a solution.