- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Error message "...limited or no connectivity"
An exclamation point is displayed next to the symbol for the LAN or Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box in the Windows taskbar (SysTray) on a Windows computer and the notification "... limited or no connectivity" is displayed. You cannot open the FRITZ!Box user interface (fritz.box) or access the internet over the FRITZ!Box with this computer.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
Perform the following steps on a different device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
Important:If you cannot access the FRITZ!Box with any device, proceed as described in the guide FRITZ!Box user interface cannot be opened.
- Call up the address http://169.254.1.1 in a web browser.
- Click "Home Network" and then "Network".
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click "Additional Settings" in the section "LAN Settings" to display all of the settings.
- Click the "IPv4 Configuration" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the computer's firewall
A firewall can interfere with the communication between the computer and the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the firewall on the computer so that it allows connections from the computer to the FRITZ!Box. Information on how to set it up can be obtained from the manufacturer of the firewall, for example refer to the manual.
3 Checking the LAN connection to the FRITZ!Box
If you are experiencing connectivity problems with LAN connections, this may be caused by errors in the cabling, energy-saving functions, or intermediary devices such as hubs/switches, powerline adapters, or LAN/Wi-Fi converter. Therefore, check the computer's LAN connection:
AVM Section Navigation