- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Wireless connection is not established after entering "device ownership password"
A wireless device cannot establish a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box with the "Intel PROSet/Wireless Wi-Fi Connection Utility" software. The wireless software from Intel tries to establish the wireless connection according to the WPS method (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) using a special PIN and asks for an eight-digit "device ownership password". The software does not accept the FRITZ!Box's network key as the "device ownership password".
The following error message may be displayed:
- "Checksum validation failed for the PIN entered"
- The FRITZ!Box does not have a "device ownership password". Although the FRITZ!Box supports the WPS-PIN method, it is not enabled in the FRITZ!Box by default. The WPS-PBC method is enabled in the FRITZ!Box instead, and you can use it to set up the wireless connection safely and automatically by pushing a button.
1 Enabling the Windows wireless service
To establish the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box, configure the computer to use the Windows wireless service:
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "All programs".
- Click "Intel PROSet Wireless" and "Wi-Fi Connection Utility".
- Click "Advanced" and enable the option "Use Windows to Manage Wi-Fi".
- Click "Yes" when you are asked "Do you want Windows to manage your WiFi network connections?" and then click "Close".
Now Windows manages the wireless network adapter and you can set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation