FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
Using FRITZ!Fon to listen in on the answering machine while it is recording
FRITZ!Fon allows you to listen in while messages are being recorded on the FRITZ!Box answering machine. The messages are automatically played over the telephones's speaker.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Cordless Telephones" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective FRITZ!Fon.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Listen in on the answering machine".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now you automatically hear the messages over your FRITZ!Fon's loudspeaker while the answering machine records them, and you can also pick up calls while callers are leaving a message. Since the DECT base station allows a maximum of three calls to be conducted at the same time, the message is played on a maximum of three telephones at the same time.