FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
LAN connection to FRITZ!Box cannot be established
One or more of the LAN ports cannot be used to establish a connection to the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box does not detect computers, NAS systems, or other network devices connected to it and they cannot access the FRITZ!Box or the internet. One of the following error messages may be displayed by the device:
- "A network cable is unplugged."
- "Network cable unplugged."
- "You are currently not connected to any networks."
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box for 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings are retained. The restart takes about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
Perform the following steps on a different device connected to the FRITZ!Box:
Important:If you cannot access the FRITZ!Box with any device, proceed as described in the guide FRITZ!Box user interface cannot be opened.
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
3 Installing the latest software for network adapters
- Install the latest driver for the computer's LAN network adapter or the latest software for the device.
Note:Often the Windows Update does not offer all of the latest device drivers. Therefore, use the drivers from the manufacturer's website (for example Intel, Broadcom, Realtek).
4 Disabling energy-saving functions for the network adapter
- If energy-saving functions are enabled for the computer's LAN network adapter or the device, disable them for testing purposes.
Note:In Windows, many LAN network adapters allow you to select various energy-saving options in the Windows Device Manager. You can find these settings on the "Power Management" tab in the properties of the network adapter.
5 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box's LAN settings
Problems may occur when negotiating transmission rates. Therefore, test whether the connection can be established when you adjust the settings for the LAN port being used:
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface on a different device.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- If "Green Mode" is enabled in the "LAN Settings" section for the LAN port being used, enable "Power Mode".
- If "Power Mode" is enabled for the LAN port being used, enable "Green Mode".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
6 Testing a different LAN port
- For testing purposes, use a network cable that is as short as possible (for example the yellow cable included with the FRITZ!Box) to connect the device to the other LAN ports on your FRITZ!Box.
- If your device can access the FRITZ!Box and the internet when connected to a different LAN port, use that LAN port instead.
7 Testing a different device
- Connect a different device to the LAN port on the FRITZ!Box.
- If the other device can access the FRITZ!Box and the internet, then the first device is either incorrectly configured or defective.