FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up temperature-based switching for a FRITZ!DECT socket
You can set up temperature-based switching for the outlet switch, for example FRITZ!DECT 200. FRITZ!DECT or a radiator control, for example FRITZ!DECT 301, measures the temperature and the outlet switch is switched when a previously specified temperature is reached.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The measuring range must be between 0°C and 40°C.
- Since outlet switches and radiator controls function according to the DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy) standard, they communicate with the FRITZ!Box at greater intervals to save energy and minimize DECT radiation. Outlet switches transmit the measured temperature every two minutes. Radiator controls transmit these values every 15 minutes or every 60 minutes during vacation switching and the phase when the radiator is turned off.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up temperature-based switching
First you must set up a group with the smart home devices whose sockets should be switched on or off automatically as soon as a certain temperature is reached. The group may also consist of a single FRITZ!DECT device. Next, set up switching for the group:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the "New Group" button.
- If you are asked to do so, select the option "Switching Actuators" and click "OK".
- Enter a name for the group and select the smart home devices you would like to switch together in the group.
- Select the devices that you would like to switch in the group.
- Click the "OK" button.
- The group is created.
- Enable the options "Switching a Group Automatically" and "Temperature".
- Enable the option "Heat" or "Cool", depending on the connected device (for example fan heaters or air-conditioning).
- Select the device from the drop-down list "Temperature sensor" that should measure the temperature. The device does not have to belong to the group. You can see the temperature readings under "Home Network > Smart Home" in the user interface.
- If you selected the option "Heat", set the "Comfort temperature" and "Cool-down temperature".
- If you selected the option "Cool", select the "Desired temperature".
- Select the desired switching times in the weekly calendar by clicking on them or holding down the left mouse button while you drag the mouse across the desired times.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.