Registering a DECT repeater from another manufacturer with the FRITZ!Box
You can register standard DECT repeaters from other manufacturers to the FRITZ!Box to extend the range of the FRITZ!Box's DECT radio network. You must push a button to register it.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A maximum of six repeaters can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- FRITZ!DECT repeaters and/or FRITZ!Boxes can no longer be registered in DECT repeater mode.
- All repeaters must be registered with the base station (star topology). It is not possible to register a repeater with another repeater (cascading).
- Various convenience functions can no longer be used with the FRITZ!Fon. A list of these functions can be found here.
- A maximum of two of the telephones located in the reception area of the repeater ring when you receive a call.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Disabling encryption
To configure these settings, at least one cordless telephone must be registered with the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit non-encrypted DECT connections" in the section "Security".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Deleting telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Delete) button to delete all of the registered telephones that are connected via "DECT".
3 Registering a DECT repeater
In order to allow a DECT repeater from another manufacturer to register with the FRITZ!Box, you must enable the option "Permit non-encrypted DECT connections" in the DECT settings of the FRITZ!Box. The repeater then performs the entire registration procedure. The FRITZ!Box is not notified when a repeater registers with it:
- Register the repeater with the FRITZ!Box as described in the repeater's manual. Hold down the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box during the entire registration procedure.
- If the automatic registration of the repeater fails, contact the repeater's manufacturer and ask them how to register your repeater with the FRITZ!Box. To our knowledge, Gigaset repeaters can only register automatically with Gigaset DECT base stations, for example. However, you may be able to register your repeater with the FRITZ!Box manually.
4 Disabling encryption in FRITZ!Fon
If you registered a DECT repeater from another manufacturer with the FRITZ!Box, you must disable encryption in FRITZ!Fon:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK"
- Deactivate the "Secure" setting.
5 Re-registering all telephones
- Use the wizard to register all of the cordless telephones with the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation