FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
Conducting internal calls
If several telephones are connected to your FRITZ!Box, you can conduct internal calls (that are free of charge) between them. For example, you can use a cordless telephone to call a telephone connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
If you have connected an ISDN PBX to your FRITZ!Box, you must configure all of the telephones connected to this PBX in the FRITZ!Box. During the configuration procedure, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns internal numbers to the telephones:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Configure each telephone connected to the ISDN PBX as an ISDN telephone. To do so, click the "Configure New Device" button for each device and follow the instructions.
- During the configuration procedure you will be shown which telephone numbers to assign to the telephone. In the case of analog telephones, do not assign the telephone numbers to the telephones themselves. Instead, assign them to the extension of the ISDN PBX that the telephone is connected to.
2 Conducting internal calls
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
The following steps are only necessary if the telephone is connected to the "FON S0" port or you are using a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station:
Note:If you are using a telephone that is registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Fon C5), you do not have to configure it to use the keypad function.
- Configure the devices so that you can dial special characters (such as * and #) or send keypad sequences (sequences of symbols and digits, such as *121#) with them.
Note:Many Gigaset telephones can be configured as follows: Select "Operation at a PBX" from the telephone's menu, then select "Dialing options" and enable the option "Dial * and #".
Making internal calls
- If you want all of the telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box to ring, dial **9 to initiate a broadcast call. You then conduct the call with the party who picks up the telephone first.
- or, if you would like to call a specific telephone:
- Dial ** and the internal telephone number of the telephone.
Dial **1 to call a telephone connected to the extension "FON 1".
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephony devices in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers".