- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
"Power" LED flashes
The FRITZ!Box's Power LED flashes? ✔ Here you can find out what this means and how to solve the problem.
As soon as you connect your FRITZ!Box to a fiber optic connection, the FRITZ!Box establishes a connection to the internet service provider. This can take up to 10 minutes. During this time, the "Power" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes. It stays lit as soon as the connection has been established.
This guide shows you how to resolve the following error:
- The FRITZ!Box's "Power" LED flashes continuously.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Making sure that the fiber optic connection is supported
- Check the documentation for your fiber optic connection or ask your internet service provider whether it is an active fiber optic connection according to the standard ITU-T G.652 (AON). It is not possible to use the FRITZ!Box with a passive fiber optic network (ITU-T G.984, GPON).
2 Checking the cabling
It is often difficult to recognize mistakes in the cabling and they can remain unnoticed for a long time. Therefore, check the wiring in your home:
- Remove all cable extensions and adapters between the FRITZ!Box and the fiber optic socket.
- Use an undamaged cable to connect the FRITZ!Box with the fiber optic socket. The fibre optic cable may not have any kinks or be damaged. For detailed information, refer to the quick guide included with the FRITZ!Box and the manual.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has an SC/PC connector (wide connector, flat endface). Depending on the fiber optic socket, you may need to use a fiber optic cable with an adapter. The fiber optic cable is not included in your FRITZ!Box package.
3 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
Installing the latest FRITZ!OS makes your FRITZ!Box compatible with the latest fiber optic connection technology used by internet providers in their DSL exchanges:
4 Contacting your provider
If the "Power" LED continues to flash, there may be a problem with your fiber optic connection:
- Contact your internet service provider for a solution.
AVM Section Navigation