FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Cannot operate telephony devices and voice computers remotely
You cannot operate telephony devices or voice computers used on other lines remotely. For example, you cannot:
- Operate the voice computer of a telephone hotline.
- Operate an answering machine on another line remotely.
- Call an answering machine connected to the FRITZ!Box and operate it remotely (for example in order to listen to new messages).
- Enter a PIN when using telebanking.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Testing different DTMF transmission methods
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective Internet telephone number.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list, even if you are using a pre-configured Internet telephony provider.
- Try different settings for the "DTMF transmission" or ask your Internet telephony provider which setting you must select.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Besides these settings, the FRITZ!Box has no influence on whether the tones are distorted when they are transmitted to the line that was called. For example, if the Internet telephony provider sends DTMF tones over the voice channel, individual tones can be distorted by other signals. In this case, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.