Additional FRITZ!Box not marked with Mesh symbol
An additional FRITZ!Box is displayed without a Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box, although the additional FRITZ!Box was set up as a Mesh Repeater.
Fig.: FRITZ!Box not marked with Mesh symbol in Mesh Master
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
FRITZ!OS 7 or later must be installed on the Mesh Repeater so you can integrate it into the Mesh:
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the Mesh Repeater.
2 Disabling the keylock
You can only integrate devices into the Mesh at the touch of a button. Therefore, disable keylock in the Mesh Master and the Mesh Repeater:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating the Mesh repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
- Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Repeater (see table) until its "WLAN" LED flashes. Other LEDs may also flash.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED (see table) lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 7520, 6890, 6850, 6660 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5491, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490, 6430 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581, 7580 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the Mesh Repeater with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.
AVM Section Navigation