FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up MyFRITZ!App 2
MyFRITZ!App 2 provides easy and secure access to your FRITZ!Box and home network when you are either at or away from home. This way you can
- check calls, voice messages, and other events.
- enable and disable the FRITZ!Box answering machine and call diversions.
- access FRITZ!NAS in order to upload or download files, or play or display multimedia contents such as photos or music.
- control your smart home devices (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Important:MyFRITZ!App 2 is currently only available for Android. The app cannot be installed in iOS. If you are using iOS, use MyFRITZ!App until MyFRITZ!App 2 is released for iOS.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Android 4.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
- The "home network connection" (VPN) function can only be used if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address from your Internet service provider.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow applications to access it
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it so that it will once again allow applications to access it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the "Access Settings in the Home Network" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
The smartphone or tablet must be connected with the FRITZ!Box's wireless network when you set up the app:
Important:The smartphone or tablet may not be connected to the FRITZ!Box via wireless guest access.
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
3 Installing MyFRITZ!App 2
- Download MyFRITZ!App 2 from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start MyFRITZ!App 2.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password. If you enabled login with FRITZ!Box user name and password, enter the user name and password.
- Tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.