Configuring PPPoE passthrough in the FRITZ!Box
Computers or router connected to the FRITZ!Box can use PPPoE passthrough to establish additional PPPoE internet connections using their own account information. In this case, the FRITZ!Box acts as a fiber optic modem for the devices.
For example, when using your computer for home office, you can use an additional internet connection with your own account information that your employer provided to you just for home office.
ATTENTION!Some internet service providers charge you extra for establishing additional internet connections. Information on possible charges can be obtained from your internet service provider.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The internet connection provider must allow several PPPoE connections.
- The FRITZ!Box's global filter settings under "Internet > Filters > Lists" apply to all PPPoE internet connections.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click "Change Connection Settings" and enable the option "Connected network devices are also allowed to establish their own internet connections (not recommended)".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now network devices connected to the FRITZ!Box can establish their own internet connections.
If you cannot establish additional internet connections, the PPPoE connection is not correctly configured in the respective network device or the internet service provider is preventing you from establishing additional PPPoE connections.
AVM Section Navigation