FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box reports "Authentication error occurred" when using Google calendar
In the profile of FRITZ!DECT, for example FRITZ!DECT 200, in the FRITZ!Box user interface, the error message "Authentication error occurred" is displayed for the Google calendar on the tab "Switch Automatically".
- The FRITZ!Box's access rights to the calendar were revoked in the Google account.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Deleting a calendar
To request access rights for the calendar again, you must first delete all of the Google calendars in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If you only assigned the Google calendar to a single device, select the option "All smart home devices" from the drop-down list "viewing".
- If you assigned the Google calendar to a group, select the option "All groups" from the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective device or the group.
- Click on the "Switch automatically" tab.
- Click the link "Remove connections from Google calendar".
- Click the "Reset Google Calendar" button.
- Confirm the question about whether you want to delete all Google calendars from the FRITZ!Box with "OK".
Now all Google calendars are deleted and all smart home devices that use a Google calendar are set to manual switching.
2 Adding a calendar
- Add the Google calendar for the smart home device.