FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
Using an ISDN PBX with the FRITZ!Box
If you connect your ISDN PBX to the FRITZ!Box, the devices connected to the PBX can use all of the telephone numbers that were entered in the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The ISDN telephone system must be suitable for use on an ISDN point-to-multipoint line.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
First, configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure your Internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the PBX to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the PBX to the "FON S0" port on your FRITZ!Box.
3 Configuring the PBX in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "ISDN PBX", click "Next", and follow the instructions. The Wizard takes you through the configuration of your PBX.
4 Configuring the extensions of your PBX
If you do not assign telephone numbers to the extensions of your PBX, then the main telephone number you configured in the FRITZ!Box is used to make outgoing calls. In addition, all of the extensions react to all incoming calls. Therefore, assign the desired telephone numbers to the extensions:
- In the PBX, define which numbers the extensions should react to when you receive calls and which number should be used to make calls. Enter the numbers in the PBX the way they are displayed in the settings for the ISDN PBX in the FRITZ!Box user interface (see fig.).
Note:Sometimes a number may be too long for you to enter the complete number in the ISDN device. If this is the case, do not enter the entire number. Instead, enter as many of the last digits as possible.
Fig.: Settings for the ISDN PBX in the FRITZ!Box user interface