FRITZ!Box 5490 Service - Knowledge Base
Registering FRITZ!DECT with the FRITZ!Box
The switchable socket FRITZ!DECT is integrated into your home network via an encrypted DECT connection. You can either use the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box or a Wizard in the user interface to start the registration procedure.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A maximum of ten switchable sockets can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Registering FRITZ!DECT by button
- Plug FRITZ!DECT into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- The "DECT" LED begins to flash steadily.
- Now push the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box within 2 minutes. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash.
2 Registering FRITZ!DECT with the Wizard
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the "Register New Device" button.
- Within in the next 2 minutes, plug FRITZ!DECT into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
The "DECT" LED on the switchable socket remains lit as soon as the DECT connection has been established. Then you can plug FRITZ!DECT in wherever you want and configure and operate it under "Home Network > Smart Home" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.