Setting up the FRITZ!Box for use with a fiber optic connection
You want to set up the FRITZ!Box on a fiber optic connection? ✔ It's easy with this guide.
To establish an internet connection via your fiber optic connection (Fiber to the Home, FTTH), connect the FRITZ!Box to the fiber optic connection and enter your account information in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The fiber optic connection must comply with the standard ITU-T G.652 (AON). Use with a passive fiber optic network (ITU-T G.984, GPON) is not supported.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting the FRITZ!Box to your fiber optic connection
- Connect the fiber optic cable to the "Fiber" port of the FRITZ!Box and to the fiber termination unit. Do not bend the fiber optic cable and do not hold the end of the cable in front of your eyes.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has an SC/PC connector (wide connector, flat endface). Depending on the fiber termination unit, you may need to use a fiber optic cable with an adapter. The fiber optic cable is not included with your FRITZ!Box, it is supplied by your internet service provider.
2 Configuring the internet connection in the FRITZ!Box
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password on the bottom of the device and click "Log In".
- If the menu "Account Information" is not displayed automatically, click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Select your internet service provider from the drop-down list. If your internet service provider is not displayed, select "other internet service provider" from the drop-down list.
- If account information is required, enter the account information you received from your internet service provider in the corresponding fields.
- If account information is not required, enable the option "No" in the "Account Information" section.
- Click "Change Connection Settings".
- Enter the speeds of your internet connection in the "Downstream" and "Upstream" fields.
- If you selected "Other internet service provider" and your internet service provider requires you to use a particular VLAN ID, enable the option "Use VLAN for internet access" and enter the VLAN ID and PBit in the corresponding fields.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box uses the account information you entered to establish the internet connection. Then you can configure your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box and connect your wireless devices with the FRITZ!Box.
3 Setting up telephony in the FRITZ!Box
If you received login data for internet telephony from a provider and want to use telephones with the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
AVM Section Navigation