Using an analog PBX with the FRITZ!Box
Devices connected to your analog PBX (telephone system) can use all of the telephone numbers that were entered in the FRITZ!Box. For this, you must connect the PBX to the FRITZ!Box and configure both devices for parallel use.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
Configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the PBX to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the PBX to an analog port on the FRITZ!Box (for example "FON 1").
3 Configuring the PBX in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- Select the port (for example "FON 1") that you connected the PBX to and click "Next".
- Follow the wizard's instructions. The wizard takes you through the configuration of your PBX.
AVM Section Navigation