- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
Setting up FRITZ!Box for internet access via the mobile network (LTE/UMTS)
With an additional mobile broadband dongle, the FRITZ!Box can also establish the internet connection via the mobile communications network. All you have to do is connect the mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box and enter the PIN in the FRITZ!Box user interface, and the complete FRITZ!Box range of functions for internet, telephony, and multimedia is then available to all devices in your home network without restriction.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the mobile standard LTE (4G) or UMTS/HSPA (3G).
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the AT command set or USB tethering.
- Depending on the mobile network operator, functions that require a public IP address (for example incoming VPN connections) are either not available or only available to a limited extent.
1 Connecting a mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box
- With the SIM card inserted, connect the mobile broadband dongle to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Important:The FRITZ!Box supplies USB devices connected to the USB port on the back with up to 900 mA, and to those connected to the USB port on the side with up to 500 mA in accordance with the USB specification. If the dongle requires more than this, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect it to the FRITZ!Box. Information on the dongle's power consumption can be obtained from its manufacturer.
2 Configuring the internet connection in the FRITZ!Box
Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Network" ("Mobile Communications") in the "Internet" menu.
- If the mobile network should always be used for the internet connection, enable the option "Mobile connection enabled".
- Enter the PIN for the SIM card of the mobile broadband dongle in the "PIN" field.
Important:If you enter the wrong PIN three times, you must enter the PUK. Refer to your mobile network operator for information on your PIN or PUK.
- Select your provider from the drop-down list "Mobile network provider". If your provider is not displayed:
- Select "Other operator".
- Enter the account information you received from your mobile network operator in the corresponding fields.
Note:You cannot change the account information for preconfigured mobile network operators.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
The FRITZ!Box now establishes all internet connections using the mobile broadband dongle connected to it.
AVM Section Navigation