FRITZ!Box 4040 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Saving the settings and restoring them to the same FRITZ!Box
You can save the settings of your FRITZ!Box in a backup file and use it to restore all or only certain settings (for example wireless settings, FRITZ!Box users) if necessary. In addition to the manual backup described here, you can also have the push service save your settings automatically. The "Save Settings" push service automatically sends an email with the backup file before every update and each time the factory settings are loaded.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Saving data from the internal memory
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If the option "Storage (NAS) enabled" is enabled, click "Internal memory" to display the contents of FRITZ!NAS.
- Mark the folders and files you want to back up and click "Download".
2 Saving settings
3 Restoring settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" with the settings you want to restore.
- Enter the password you entered when you saved the file.
- If you only want to restore certain settings, enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if you are asked to do so.
- If you want, enable the settings you would like to restore.
- Click "Apply".