FRITZ!Box 4040 Service - Knowledge Base
Extending the online time permitted in the parental controls with tickets
You can use tickets to allow devices to access the internet regardless of the time limit set in the FRITZ!Box parental controls. Each ticket consists of a randomly generated six-digit numerical code; if a device redeems the ticket in a web browser, it is then granted a single 45-minute extension of online time.
This way, you can easily allow your child to surf outside the times set in the parental controls without having to adjust the parental control settings in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Every device in the home network can redeem an unlimited number of tickets. Devices in the guest network cannot use tickets.
- Each ticket grants a single 45-minute extension of online time to the device that redeems it. If the device shares its online budget with other devices, the extension applies to the other devices as well.
- The FRITZ!Box always shows 10 valid tickets. Once they are redeemed, tickets disappear from the display and are immediately replaced by new tickets.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Generating tickets
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Access Profiles" tab.
- Make note of the 10 ticket numbers displayed in the "Tickets" section, or use the "Print Tickets" button to print the tickets.
2 Transferring tickets
- Give the user(s) the ticket numbers verbally, by email or messenger, or distribute the printed tickets.
3 Redeeming tickets
- Enter the ticket number on the page that is displayed in the web browser when internet use is blocked. If the page is not displayed, for example because an HTTPS website was opened and redirection was therefore not possible, call up the page http://fritz.box/tools/kids_not_allowed.lua and enter the ticket number on the page.
Note:Each time a ticket is redeemed, an event is generated and recorded under "System > Event Log".