FRITZ!Box 4040 Service - Knowledge Base
Additional FRITZ!Box not marked with mesh symbol
Although the FRITZ!Box is set up as a mesh repeater, it is not marked with the mesh symbol in the home network overview of the FRITZ!Box (mesh master).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the mesh repeater.
2 Disabling the keylock
Before you can integrate them into the mesh, keylock must be disabled on the mesh repeater and the mesh master:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the keylock.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating the mesh repeater into the mesh
- Push and hold down the connect button on the mesh master (see table) until its "WLAN" LED flashes. Other LEDs may also flash.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the mesh repeater until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is completed as soon as the mesh repeater is marked with the mesh symbol in the mesh or home network overview of the mesh master.