FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
Setting up FRITZ!Box for internet access via the mobile network (LTE/UMTS)
If you use an additional mobile broadband dongle with the FRITZ!Box, the FRITZ!Box can also connect to the internet using the mobile network and then provide internet access to all computers in the home network.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the mobile standard LTE (4G) or UMTS/HSPA (3G).
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the AT command set or USB tethering.
- Depending on the mobile network operator, functions for which a public IP address is required (for example incoming VPN connections) are either not available or only available to a limited extent.
1 Connecting a mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box
- With the SIM card inserted, connect the mobile broadband dongle to the USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Important:According to the USB specifications, the power consumption of a USB device may not exceed 500 mA. If the dongle requires more than this, use a USB hub with its own power supply (active USB hub) to connect it to the FRITZ!Box. Information on the dongle's power consumption can be obtained from its manufacturer.
2 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
Configuring internet access
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Communications" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the mobile network should always be used for the internet connection, enable the option "Mobile connection enabled".
- Enter the PIN for the SIM card of the mobile broadband dongle in the "PIN" field.
Important:If you enter the wrong PIN three times, you must enter the PUK. Contact your mobile network operator for information on your PIN or PUK.
- Select your provider from the drop-down list "Mobile communications network provider". If your provider is not displayed:
- Select "Other operator".
- Enter the account information you received from your mobile network operator in the corresponding fields.
Note:You cannot change the account information for preconfigured mobile network operators.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
The FRITZ!Box now establishes all internet connections using the mobile broadband dongle connected to it.