FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Cannot establish connections using the Teredo protocol
You cannot use the FRITZ!Box's internet connection to establish connections using the Teredo protocol. As a result, you cannot use Windows Remote Assistance via Easy Connect or establish DirectAccess connections, for example.
- For security reasons, the FRITZ!Box blocks UDP port 3544 when an IPv6 internet connection is active. This means that applications cannot use the Teredo protocol to access the internet; they are therefore also unable to bypass the FRITZ!Box's firewall and establish their own IPv6 connections using Teredo instead of using the FRITZ!Box's existing IPv6 connection. Thus, the FRITZ!Box complies with standardized recommendations for home network devices (RFC 6169 Section 3.1.3).
Note:Teredo (RFC 4380) is an IPv6 tunneling mechanism devised to facilitate the transition from IPv4 to its successor IPv6. Teredo encapsulates IPv6 data packets from Windows computers within IPv4 data packets and transmits these to a Teredo server from Microsoft. This server then forwards the IPv6 data packets to their actual destination.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring an application for use without Teredo
- Configure the application so that it uses the IPv6 protocol instead of Teredo.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for information on using the application without the Teredo protocol and the necessary settings, for example consult the manual.
If the application can only be used with the Teredo protocol, disable the Teredo filter in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Lists" tab.
- Disable the option "Teredo filter enabled".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.