FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up call diversion in the FRITZ!Box
Call diversion allows you to automatically divert all or selected calls to another line, a particular telephone, or an answering machine. Calls are either diverted by the FRITZ!Box, or they are forwarded through your telephony provider's exchange.
For example, you can define that all calls to a particular number are forwarded to a different line, or you can have all calls forwarded to a different line if your line is busy.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling the telephony function
The telephony function is hidden in the user interface in the factory settings. Therefore, enable the following setting if you want to use the FRITZ!Box's telephony function:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable support for FRITZ!App Fon in the FRITZ!Box".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up call diversion
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Call Diversion" tab.
- Click the "New Call Diversion" button.
- Define which calls are diverted:
Which calls should be diverted? Setting All calls
- Enable "All incoming calls".
All calls to a particular telephone number
- Enable "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" and select the telephone number.
All calls from a particular person
- Enable "Calls by a person in the telephone book" and select a telephone book entry.
All contacts in the telephone book
- Enable "Calls from all persons in the telephone book" and select the telephone book.
All calls from a particular telephone number or number range
- Enable "Calls from the telephone number" and enter a telephone number or number range, for example 0301234.
All calls from callers who do not transmit their caller ID (anonymous calls)
- Enable "All calls without a telephone number to".
- Define where the calls should be diverted to:
Important:Configure the answering machine accordingly if you want to divert anonymous calls to one of the FRITZ!Box's internal answering machines.
Divert to where? Setting To one of the the FRITZ!Box's internal answering machines
- Enable the option "Divert calls to internal answering machine" and select an answering machine.
To an external telephone number (for example a different line, a mobile telephone)
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the destination telephone number.
To a connected telephone or answering machine
- Enable the option "Destination telephone number" and enter the internal number of the device without asterisks. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers". It is not possible to divert calls to more than one device.
- If you select the option "Automatically" from the drop-down list "Outgoing caller ID", the FRITZ!Box tries to set up call forwarding in the telephone exchange of your telephony provider. The requirements given below must be met to set it up at the provider. If it cannot be set up at the provider, then call diversion is performed in the FRITZ!Box:
Important:If you set up call blocks for incoming calls in the FRITZ!Box, they no longer apply if call diversion is set up at the provider.
- No dialing rules or call blocks are configured in the FRITZ!Box for the destination telephone number.
- Your provider supports the setup of call forwarding. With some providers, you can also set up call diversions in your personal customer area in the internet.
- The option "Calls to a telephone number / telephone" is enabled and a telephone number is selected.
- "Immediately", "delayed" or "when busy" is selected as the "Type of call diversion".
Note:You cannot see in the FRITZ!Box whether the call diversion was set up at your telephony provider's or in the FRITZ!Box.
- If you can choose between different settings in the drop-down list "Type of call diversion", for example immediately, when busy, or parallel call, select one. Some call diversions do not allow you to select a type.
Note:You can find further information on the different settings in the FRITZ!Box's online help, which you can access by clicking the "Help" symbol .
- Click "OK" to save the settings and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if asked to do so.