FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
Dynamic DNS allows you to access your FRITZ!Box as well as applications and services in the home network for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box at a fixed domain name from the internet. This way you can easily access a NAS system or use Microsoft Remote Desktop for remote maintenance of a computer, for example, even if the FRITZ!Box's public IP address changes on a regular basis.
Note:You can also use the free AVM service MyFRITZ! for safe, convenient access to your FRITZ!Box and home network over the internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must establish its own connection to the internet using a modem (for example a DSL or cable modem).
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Important:When used on a DS-Lite internet connection, the FRITZ!Box is only accessible from the internet over IPv6. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "DynDNS" tab.
- Click the (Help) icon on the top right.
- Configure the dynamic DNS domain name as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.