FRITZ!Box 4040 Service - Knowledge Base
Changing the FRITZ!Box's IP address
The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 in the factory settings. You can change it in order to
- integrate the FRITZ!Box into an existing network belonging to an IP network other than 192.168.178.0.
- have the computers, smartphones, and other devices in the home network be assigned IP addresses from a specific IP network via DHCP.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The settings in this guide are not available if the FRITZ!Box shares the Internet connection of another router ("Internet router as IP client"). In this case, proceed as described in this guide.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Changing the FRITZ!Box's IP address
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enter the desired IP address and subnet mask.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.