FRITZ!Box 4040 Service - Knowledge Base
Answering machine turns itself on or off
The FRITZ!Box's integrated answering machine turns itself on or off.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Disabling the time control
You used the time control to define whether and when the FRITZ!Box answering machine should turn on and off automatically. These settings are applied regardless of whether you manually turned the answering machine on or off beforehand. Therefore, disable time control for the answering machine:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Answering Machine" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the tab for the relevant answering machine.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Click "Additional Settings".
- Disable the option "Time control enabled".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.