FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Sharing FRITZ!NAS contents via access link
You can use access links to easily share individual files or folders on FRITZ!NAS (http://fritz.nas) with your friends and family. The links can be opened with any web browser and do not require login information.
This way you can allow friends to access your pictures and videos from your last vacation over the internet, without allowing them to change or delete files from your FRITZ!NAS, for example.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Access links cannot be used to change or delete files. If you want to allow users to change or delete files, set up internet access to FRITZ!NAS.
- The FRITZ!Box must establish its own connection to the internet using a modem (for example a DSL or cable modem).
- To use IPv4 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address from the internet service provider.
- To use IPv6 internet access, the FRITZ!Box must obtain an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Setting up MyFRITZ!
With MyFRITZ! you can even access the FRITZ!Box over the internet at all times if the FRITZ!Box receives a different public IP address from your internet service provider on a regular basis:
Note:If you already use a different dynamic DNS service, you can also use this service instead of MyFRITZ!.
Maintaining a permanent internet connection
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click "Change connection settings".
- Enable the option "Maintain permanently (recommended for flat rates)". If the option is not shown, then the FRITZ!Box is already permanently connected to the internet.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Creating an access link to FRITZ!NAS contents
- Call up FRITZ!NAS in a web browser.
- Switch to the directory that contains the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the "Select" button in the FRITZ!NAS toolbar.
- Click the checkbox in front of the file or folder to mark it.
- Click the (Share) button in the FRITZ!NAS toolbar. Now the window "[...] was shared successfully" is displayed.
- If you want to restrict the validity of the access link, click "Restrict validity" and limit the access period or number of accesses.
- Click "send by email" to send the access link to the default email client on the computer. This way you can easily send the access link by email to the people you want to grant access to.
- Click "OK".
Now the people you would like to grant access to shared content to only need to click the access link to access the shared files.
Note:In the "Permit Access" section of FRITZ!NAS you can see all of the files and folders that you shared and unshare them again.