FRITZ!Box 3390 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Registering a MyFRITZ! account and configuring it in the FRITZ!Box
MyFRITZ! grants you secure access to your FRITZ!Box from the internet. This way you can do the following with your smartphone, tablet or computer from anywhere in the world at any time:
- access FRITZ!NAS in order to upload or download files, or play multimedia contents.
- check the status information and change settings in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- check the FRITZ!Box's call list and listen to voice messages recorded by the answering machine (as long as no IP telephones such as FRITZ!App Fon) are set up in the FRITZ!Box).
Your personal data is stored exclusively in the FRITZ!Box at all times and is not transferred to AVM's MyFRITZ! service or to any other service or provider.
To use MyFRITZ!, you only need to create a personal MyFRITZ! account and configure it in your FRITZ!Box. Please take note of the MyFRITZ! terms and conditions of use.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Important:When used on a DS-Lite internet connection, the FRITZ!Box is only accessible from the internet over IPv6. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up a MyFRITZ! account and configuring it in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! account" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the option "MyFRITZ! enabled for this FRITZ!Box" is displayed, enable it and then click on the "Another MyFRITZ! account" link to the right of the email address.
- Enable the option "Create a new MyFRITZ! account".
- Enter your email address in the "Email address" field.
- Enter a password of your choice in the "MyFRITZ! password" field and click "Next".
Note:In the future you will need the MyFRITZ! password to log in to the MyFRITZ! service on myfritz.net. Then myfritz.net redirects you to your FRITZ!Box.
- If the message "Configuring Internet Access to the FRITZ!Box" is displayed, click "Next". If you are asked to set up a FRITZ!Box user, enter a name and password for the FRITZ!Box user.
Note:The password for the FRITZ!Box user is not transmitted to the MyFRITZ! service. Instead, it is only stored in your FRITZ!Box. In the future you will need it to log in to your FRITZ!Box once you have been redirected to it by myfritz.net. For security reasons, the password for the FRITZ!Box user must be different from the MyFRITZ! password.
- Click "Finish".
- Now MyFRITZ! will send an email to the email address you entered.
- Open the email from MyFRITZ! and click on the link to confirm the creation of your MyFRITZ! account.
Important:If you did not receive the email, then it is likely that your email provider or email client thought it was spam and moved it to the spam folder. In this case, check the spam folder in your mailbox.
- Click the "Activate Account" button to complete the registration procedure.
- Now MyFRITZ! will send you an email confirming that your MyFRITZ! account was successfully created.
Once you have finished setting it up, the FRITZ!Box automatically registers with MyFRITZ! and you can use myfritz.net to access your FRITZ!Box (see fig.).
Fig.: Logging into myfritz.net